[C source] Inconsistent comments on preprocessor conditionals

From: Akib Azmain Turja
Subject: [C source] Inconsistent comments on preprocessor conditionals
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 18:47:33 +0600

In some parts of the C source, preprocessor conditionals are commented
like the following:

#ifdef FOO
#else /* not FOO */
#endif /* FOO */

I became confused at the first glance.  But after seeing like the
following in some other part:

#ifdef FOO
#else /* not FOO */
#endif /* not FOO */

I became even more confused.  Why it's inconsistent?  And what should I
do when adding new conditional blocks?  Should I follow the GNU coding
standards (the second one)?

--
Akib Azmain Turja

This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key.  It's fingerprint is:

    7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6  66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5