Re: Any GNU preference for a wiki platform?

From: Robert Weiner
Subject: Re: Any GNU preference for a wiki platform?
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 09:06:02 -0400

There is MoinMoin written in Python that should not be hard to install.  It supports automatic wikiword linking using camel-cased terms.

https://moinmo.in/

-- rsw

On Jul 10, 2022, at 11:40 AM, Lynn Winebarger <owinebar@gmail.com> wrote:

If I wanted to follow up on my own suggestion for building a
"design/spec/dev doc" wiki that is cross-referenced/keyed to source
code tags, source code comments, bug reports, mailing-list references,
etc, as discussed in
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2022-06/msg01156.html,
is there any wiki or other collaborative documentation platform
preferred by the GNU project that I should target?
My closest practical experiences would be with something like
Confluence and JIRA (my employer's choice), or Trac as it was used for
Larceny Scheme development for a time.  There's always mediawiki, but
that looks like a bear to set up, and PHP is not personally my
platform of choice, unless GNU was going to use it.
Given the whole GitHub discussion, is there going to be any
augmentation of Savannah to support any of the other collaboration
components of GH aside from hosting repos?  I see the underlying
software has integrated support request/ticket tracking, although I
haven't seen that in use in the few projects I've dug into, but I
don't see anything resembling "wiki" or "collaborative documentation
platform" there.

I'm assuming this type of application would be a good place to make
use of org markup and all the support for it in emacs.

Regards,
Lynn