Re: Can't build previous versions of Emacs?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Can't build previous versions of Emacs?
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 14:38:34 -0400

Lars Ingebrigtsen [2022-07-14 20:23:26] wrote:
>> I think applying the patch to the `emacs-27` branch would make sense :-)
> We could do that, but the main problem is getting the actual releases to
> build, and those are already tagged, so manual patching it is.

In my case, I never (or at least very rarely) care about building
exactly the actual release and I prefer building from the
`emacs-NN` branch.

Typically the main purpose is to run some older Emacs to see if some
ELisp code works on that older version and the difference between
`emacs-NN` and the actual release is negligible in that case.

        Stefan