Re: Can't build previous versions of Emacs?

From: Ulrich Mueller
Subject: Re: Can't build previous versions of Emacs?
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 13:17:38 +0200

> Would anyone mind me getting emacs-23 and emacs-24 to build as well?
> (Eventually, not now.)

> I know how to do that, but the existing patches don't have copyright
> papers, and the original authors are missing, so I will have to write
> them from scratch.

That sounds likes useless duplication of work. Why not start from
https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/emacs-patches.git/tree/emacs instead?

Some of these patches are backported from later Emacs versions, in which
case the original commits are indicated in the header. Others are
authored by me, and there are copyright papers for me on file.