Re: Can't build previous versions of Emacs?

From: andrés ramírez
Subject: Re: Can't build previous versions of Emacs?
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 14:03:28 +0000

Hi. Guys.

JIC. If You want to try emacs-20 right now. You try in on netbsd. netbsd
guys still compile and have a packaged emacs-20.

If You want to try emacs-23. Ulrich and the gentoo guys have a heavily
patched emacs-23 version still compiling on latest gentoo. And they also
have an emacs18 still compiling too.

But. Right. +1 on having an 'emacs wayback machine'

BTW: {compiling 21.4 took some workarounds on arm. But I believe It
could be possible compiling it on x86 too}. Below is the probe.
To: bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: I am report-emacs-bug on emacs-21.4 {compiled}
--text follows this line--
This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
not to your local site managers!
Please write in English, because the Emacs maintainers do not have
translators to read other languages for them.

and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.

In GNU Emacs 21.4 (armv7l-unknown-linux-gnu)
 of 2022-04-08 on chama
configured using `configure  '--with-x-toolkit=no' '--with-xpm=no'
'--with-jpeg=no' '--with-tiff=no' '--with-gif=no' '--with-png=no''
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: nil
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

Best Regards