Re: 29.0.50 master freeze on macOS

From: Alexander Adolf
Subject: Re: 29.0.50 master freeze on macOS
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 18:31:43 +0200

Alexander Adolf <alexander.adolf@condition-alpha.com> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> [...]
>> Did you try to attach a debugger?
>
> <face-palm/> Ah, stupid me! Will do next time and post findings here.

It just happened again. This time I attached a debugger, and gave it a
couple of halt/continue cycles to see what's going on.

It turns out that thread #1 appears to get stuck in try_window(),
coincidentally (or maybe not) in exactly the loop updated by commit
ed4ba79ea8f2be2d01f6447910e2c8319908d0d6 earlier today by yourself. See
attached screenshot.

As you can see in the screenshot, some symbol information appears to be
available.

Do you want me to try to dig further into details, or should I pull &
rebuild to include your commit, and see it that fixes it?

Many thanks and looking forward to your thoughts,

  --alexander