Re: PROPOSAL: New function ffap-ip-at-point

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: New function ffap-ip-at-point
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 11:36:53 +0200

>>>>> On Fri, 22 Jul 2022 10:49:30 +0200, Iñigo Serna <inigoserna@gmx.com> said:

    Iñigo> Hi,
    Iñigo> I propose the addition of this `ffap-ip-at-point' function.
    Iñigo> Equivalent to (and based on) `ffap-machine-at-point', it will return
    Iñigo> the IP address at point if it exists, or nil.

IPv6?

    Iñigo> The attached patch also includes a very minor change to
    Iñigo> `dns-lookup-host' command in order to use it if ffap-machine-at-point
    Iñigo> first fails.

    Iñigo> Patch is against master from a couple of hours ago.
    Iñigo> This is my first serious contribution to emacs, so I'm not sure it's
    Iñigo> everything ok.
    Iñigo> What do you think? Btw, I signed FSF papers in 2021, so no problem
    Iñigo> here I guess.

Youʼll need a ChangeLog style commit message. See CONTRIBUTE for
details (specifically "Generating ChangeLog entries"), but an easy way
to start is "C-x 4 a" in the buffer resulting from "C-x v ="

Robert