Re: Eglot to core [Was: rmsbolt.el [Was: Colorful line numbers]]

From: Felician Nemeth
Subject: Re: Eglot to core [Was: rmsbolt.el [Was: Colorful line numbers]]
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 10:12:43 +0200

> Yes, I think this is a great idea to allow the user to configure
> server-specific things easily and automatically save it
> .dir-locals.el.
>
> The question is how.  Not sure if variables is the way to go.

Rust-analyzer can emit the definition of its configuration variables as
a JSON schema.  There are toml and yaml servers that hopefully
understand this schema description.

So one possibility for Eglot is to help the user to edit a
project/rust.toml or a global ~/.emacs.d/eglot/rust.toml file and
arrange to call eglot-signal-didChangeConfiguration when the user saves
the file.