byte-opt.el vs declare

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: byte-opt.el vs declare
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 15:57:39 -0400

I thought that byte-opt was intended to set `pure'. `side-effect-free'
&c properties for functions that are defined in C and functions defined
in Lisp should get these from `declare'.

However, I see that, e.g., `xor' uses `declare' but `string-prefix-p' is
listed in byte-opt and does not have a declaration.

What is the official policy?

Thank you.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.2113