Re: Atom backend for Gnus (nnatom)

From: Daniel Semyonov
Subject: Re: Atom backend for Gnus (nnatom)
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 16:34:53 +0300

    > I admit I don't understand what it means "Atom backend for Gnus".
    > What exactly does this give Emacs and Gnus users?

It adds support for adding Atom feeds (a fairly well established RSS
alternative) as Gnus groups, allowing you to view them through the usual
Gnus interface.  Gnus has supported RSS for a while.

It's also very generic under the hood, and is now plugged in to Gnus'
inheritance system, so it should be a good base for future "feed-based"
Gnus backends.