Re: Indentation and gc

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Indentation and gc
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 10:00:28 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> I meant to ask users install emacs-gc-stats and enable
>> emacs-gc-stats-mode, leaving all other Emacs GC as they are now. After
>> several weeks, we will ask these users to share the results.
>> This will provide the baseline.
>
> Yes, we definitely need a baseline.  But the baseline should be based
> on the default values of the GC parameters, so people who share their
> statistics should take care to reset them to the default values.

Ok. I updated the readme and package as the following:

(require 'emacs-gc-stats)
(setq emacs-gc-stats-gc-defaults 'emacs-defaults) ; optional
(emacs-gc-stats-mode +1)

This will optionally reset Emacs GC settings to defaults for Emacs
master.

Now, how should we collect the data?
I see several options:
1. I can create a dedicated mailing list to have an email to get all the