Re: Make window-list return windows for all frames

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Make window-list return windows for all frames
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 07:29:27 +0000

It is also about the API, perhaps it is just me, but I expected window-list to take 't for the frame and consider all frames, because of get-buffer-window doing so.

The problem I see is that twelve window-related functions (next-window, previous-window, window-list-1, get-buffer-window, walk-windows, get-window-with-predicate, get-lru-window, get-mru-window, get-largest-window, get-buffer-window-list, one-window-p, delete-windows-on) already accept t for their ALL-FRAMES argument, together with the symbol 'visible, the number 0, and a frame. Why would window-list only accept t?