Re: Make window-list return windows for all frames

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Make window-list return windows for all frames
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 15:36:11 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 11:39:43 +0200
>> Cc: arthur.miller@live.com, gregory@heytings.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> From: martin rudalics <rudalics@gmx.at>
>>
>>  > Thanks.  then I guess we can install (on master) the patch which makes
>>  > window-list accept t as the FRAME argument.
>>
>> I haven't seen the patch but I suppose that all it has to do is to skip
>> the
>>
>>    if (!EQ (frame, XWINDOW (window)->frame))
>>      error ("Window is on a different frame");
>>
>> check when FRAME is not a live frame.
>
> That, and a suitable change to the doc string, yes.
That was basically what patch did, minus that I seem to messed up with some
formatting as pointed by Po (thanks Po).

I have got idea to make a few ert tests too, so I'll resend patch when done.

Thanks for the input from all, it was cool to hear a bit of history from Martin,
and I learned quite about window function by Gregory :).