Re: contributing to Emacs

From: Konstantin Kharlamov
Subject: Re: contributing to Emacs
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 16:50:21 +0300

On Sun, 2023-06-18 at 21:32 +0800, Po Lu wrote:
> Konstantin Kharlamov <hi-angel@yandex.ru> writes:
>
> > When you have multiple patches squashed into one.
>
> When there are multiple orthogonal changes to Emacs, we prefer one
> change be submitted at a time, so I'm not sure what the difference
> between that and our preferred practice is.

Yeah, comparing docs and what Eli says, I think Eli didn't mean to say that a
patch series is not preferred in general, but rather that it's not preferred to
send a patch-series as it's usually done in ML-managed projects, i.e. via `git
send-email`. Apparently it is preferred to have the series attached and sent via
an email client.

So I think on that topic there's not much to discuss (besides of course the
according improvements to "Sending Patches" docs, but improvements are discussed
elsewhere in the thread).