Re: contributing to Emacs

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: contributing to Emacs
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 09:43:36 -0400

   > > We are discussing possible improvement to Emacs-specific contributing
   > > workflow.
   >
   > It's hard to not be drawn into the bikeshedding, and I've failed, but
   > perhaps if everyone realizes what this discussion is, it will stop.

   Why? There's possibility that "sending patches" will be improved as
   result of the discussion, isn't that good? Perhaps something else
   will come out of this as well, I can hope at least.

The improvments suggested so far have been very superficial, and do
not change the way how one contributes to Emacs -- which was what was
the supposed hard part at the start of the discussion.

So yeah, this is mostly bikeshedding at this point ...