Re: contributing to Emacs

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: contributing to Emacs
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 15:10:07 -0400

   >> In the discussion it became clear (at least to me) that the way to
   >> contribute is not the main complication, but the discoverability of that
   >> way and that the way seems hard when you see more than a sheet of paper
   >> in print as instructions.
   >
   > You are inventing a problem where there is none.

   You said that the w32 port didn’t get many additional devs. I’m trying
   to find reasons — and on the website I see obvious reasons that keep
   people from contributing. And the more I look into it, the more I see
   how broken the new-dev-wants-to-contribute usecase of the website is.

Someone contributing a complicated feature like w32 most surley would
have read the Emacs manual once or twice.  Or at least looked over the
source code -- maybe starting with README file.

What keeps people from contributing complicated thing is that they are
complicated.  Lets stop making a mountain of a molehill.