Re: Make window-list return windows for all frames

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Make window-list return windows for all frames
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 16:04:53 +0200

Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> writes:

>> I was a bit surprised to discover there is no built-in option in window-list
>> or elsewhere as far as I can see to get all windows for all frames,
>>

> Doesn't (window-list-1 nil nil t) do what you want?

Indeed it does, I was a bit blind there. I usually consider those functions
with names ending in -1 as internal to implementation, so I haven't even looked
there, so I missed that one is actually exposed to lisp.

Now question is, as pointed in answer to Eli, why should window-list not have
same semantics as the rest, since both get-buffer-window, and window-list-1, it
makes the API a bit assymetric and arcane, when its already there and costs
basically nothing.