Re: Make window-list return windows for all frames

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Make window-list return windows for all frames
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 19:53:21 +0200

Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> writes:

>> I don't see why it would be a crime if window-list also returned all visible
>> windows if asked, as window-list-1 can be also inverted to do the thing on
>> just one frame.
>>

> It wouldn't be a crime, for sure ;-)  It's just that the pattern to consider
> all
> frames uses window-list-1 (see window.el).

Well at least after the discussion, I understand that it wasn't a bug that 't
option was left out from window-list :). As said in my first mail; I was
suspicios what it wasn't implemented the way I patched from the beginning, since
whomever implemented window_candidate_p had to be aware of it.

Also passing the 't to the original version, does end up in somewhat cryptic
message that the window is on a different frame. Perhaps that error message
could be somewhat more clear, but since it has been so for many years, I guess
it is not as important, otherwise other people would have screamed long time
ago.