Re: Make window-list return windows for all frames

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Make window-list return windows for all frames
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 18:44:55 +0200

martin rudalics <rudalics@gmx.at> writes:

>> can you please see if this is a suitable change?
>
>> +  if (!EQ (frame, XWINDOW (window)->frame) && !(BASE_EQ (frame, Qt)))
>
> I would instead write
>
>   if (FRAMEP (frame) && !EQ (XWINDOW (window)->frame, frame))
>
> and get the first part of what you earlier described as
>
>> Yes, window-list and window-list-1 becaomes the same, just with arguments in
>> different order. Could even remove c version of window-list, and implement
>> it as
>> a call to window-list-1. Less code, less maintanance.
>
> for free.  (If you also want to "remove c version of window-list", you
> should teach run_window_configuration_change_hook to call window_list_1
> first).

Cool; thank you, that was more than what I hoped to learn.

As I understand this has being long time in Emacs and nobody else has complained
about the api and using this, so after a second thought I guess it is better
not to fix what is not broken, so I'll take my idea about consistent frame
parameter naming back.

Sorry for a bit late response, I was doing the Info thing, meant to write a bit
earlier. Thank you very much for the input and for the history. Cool to learn.

> martin

Best regards