Re: feature/android 83eeebe9ef2: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/ma

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: feature/android 83eeebe9ef2: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/master' into feature/android
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 10:03:32 +0200

    Po Lu> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
    >> Can you show the failed test program and the error messages?  Maybe we
    >> should take this up with the Gnulib developers.  AFAIU, modern
    >> GNU/Linux systems which use new enough glibc aren't supposed to
    >> require replacements of library functions.

    Po Lu> No need; the Gnulib manual says:

    Po Lu>   This function does not support the ‘b’ directive, required by ISO
C23,
    Po Lu>   on some platforms: glibc 2.34, musl libc, macOS 12.5, FreeBSD 13.1,
    Po Lu>   NetBSD 9.0, OpenBSD 7.2, AIX 7.2, Solaris 11.4, Cygwin 2.9.0.

    Po Lu> Glibc 2.37 does support this directive; Robert's Glibc is likely too
    Po Lu> old.

Only just, itʼs 2.36. We donʼt use 'b' anyway, but I guess this
issue will go away by itself.

Robert