Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 08:26:11 +0300

> Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 01:12:31 +0300
> Cc: yantar92@posteo.net, jschmidt4gnu@vodafonemail.de, philipk@posteo.net,
>  luangruo@yahoo.com, stefankangas@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Dmitry Gutov <dmitry@gutov.dev>
>
> >> The problem you are discussing it the difference between flat and
> >> threaded email conversations' display.
> > No, the problem_I_  commented on was the importance of having the
> > context in the message to which I'm replying, in the form of quoted
> > excerpts from previous messages.  If I'm required to look it up in
> > know in which message to look for it, and thus need to look back one
> > message at a time until I find out.
>
> So, where do we go from here?

The same place where we were going before, I hope.  This is just a
side comment that escalated into a significant sub-thread, for no good
reason.  All I wanted to do is to make a minor comment on email
interfaces to Web-based code-review and issue discussions, and convey
some of my personal bad experience with GitHub's emails.  There's no
solution to this except self-discipline of the participants, we just
need to keep this in mind and try not to encourage the undisciplined
parties.

IOW, it's a classic example how a naïve side comment in some
Emacs-related discussion snowballs into a large balloon for no good
reason.  This is a minor side issue, and I don't expect it to be
solved by the issue tracker.  We shouldn't let that cause us to lose
focus.