Re: emacs reproducible builds part1 of 2 : eln

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: emacs reproducible builds part1 of 2 : eln
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 05:24:10 -0500

Andrea Corallo <acorallo@gnu.org> writes:

>>> Interesting, I imagined the walk order is defined but my question is
>>> what about two hash table with the same content but created in two
>>> different sessions?
>>
>> Depends how they were filled: if they were filles by the same sequence
>> of operations, then they should have the same walk-order.
>> If not, then all bets are off.
>
> Okay that's good news, I'll investigate more tomorrow, the case is
> pretty well defined now so should be possible to understand exactly what
> is going on.

Okay cool I pushed a fix in emacs29, with that installed we don't try to
sort anymore conses based on their 'sxhash-equal' value because this is
not stable over different Emacs sessions.  With the change installed the
build looks finally reproducible here.

Bernhard please let us know if this solves the problem on your side as
well.

Thanks

  Andrea