Re: Incorporate package macrostep into Emacs core

From: Jonathan Oddie
Subject: Re: Incorporate package macrostep into Emacs core
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 13:03:33 -0400

Hi all,

Sorry I’ve been away from this discussion while traveling.

>> Isn't there also a C-preprecossor implementation for macrostep?  Would
>> the plan be to include that as well?
>
> Presumably, also.  Any comments on macrostep-c.el (attached)?

I’m not sure how useful the C preprocessor implementation is, as I didn’t do
too much work on it. It is more of a proof-of-concept for the ability to extend
macrostep to different languages. Of course it’s your choice whether you find
it worthwhile to include.

There is a Common Lisp implementation maintained as part of SLIME which is more
complete, FYI.

I’ve still to sign and return the FSF paperwork but will do so this week.

Jonathan