Faces for strong, emph and friends in Info?

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Faces for strong, emph and friends in Info?
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2024 07:49:10 -0700

At present Info renders:
  - @emph{foo} as _foo_
  - @strong{foo} as *foo*

    Would be nice if it could use faces, would save me having to listen
    to "star bold star" -- and would likely look nicer to those looking
    at the screen.

    info.el defines faces for various structural contructs but there
    appears to be no info-strong and info-emph -- is that intentional or
    just a lay-over from the time we didn't have font faces?