emacs-orgmode

Re: [BUG] Issues in ol-gnus when storing links in nnvirtual and nnselect

From: Jens Schmidt
Subject: Re: [BUG] Issues in ol-gnus when storing links in nnvirtual and nnselect articles [9.7-pre (release_9.6.7-570-gd6f3ae.dirty @ /home/jschmidt/work/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 17:37:51 +0200

On 2023-07-22  15:48, Ihor Radchenko wrote:

I am not familiar with Gnus, but looking at the code, may it be that
a Gnus article is open when Gnus summary buffer is not?

Theoretically yes, if you actively and malignantly kill the summary buffer, for example. In practice and through Gnus key bindings, this
should not happen.  IOW, Gnus stops behaving reasonably as well if you
kill the summary buffer other than through Gnus key bindings ("Selecting deleted buffer", etc.).

If you check function `gnus-summary-work-articles' from gnus-sum.el, the
main work horse for article processing and also good for calling in
article buffers, you will note (focusing on the default case) the same
paradigm

  (with-current-buffer gnus-summary-buffer
    (cond
     [...]
     (t
      ;; Just return the current article.
      (list (gnus-summary-article-number))))))

As a last resort we could also try to drag in Andrew Cohen as a
reviewer, he has been helpful already with one or two of my Gnus bugs.