emacsconf-discuss

Re: [EXTERNAL] emacsconf-discuss Digest, Vol 18, Issue 1

From: Leo Vivier
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] emacsconf-discuss Digest, Vol 18, Issue 1
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 07:14:17 +0200

Hi Blaine,

"Mooers, Blaine H.M.  (HSC)" <Blaine-Mooers@ouhsc.edu> writes:

> I think that the proposed schedule is difficult to optimize
> further. Nonetheless, thank you for soliciting input.

And thank you for providing yours! :)

> Please do not reduce the length of the conference because that would
> reduce the opportunities for people to share.  The meeting is virtual,
> so participants can check out whenever they like, and they can catch
> on-line later what they missed.

Our intention is to stick with the two-day format as long as it allows
us to fit all the talks and Q&A sessions comfortably.

> I thought the chatrooms for each talk last year worked well because
> they ran longer than conventional Q & A sessions, and there was
> a written record of the discussion.

I also think it worked well!  My initial worry was that it would detract
people away from the main stream; instead, it proved to be a great way
for speakers and viewers to engage together directly.

Best,
--
Leo Vivier
Freelance Software Developer