emacsconf-org

EmacsConf ansible

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: EmacsConf ansible
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 20:54:11 -0400

Hi opalvaults, Cairn, all!

Did y'all get around to making an Ansible playbook, or should I start one from scratch? I might do some digging into setting up a playbook for:

- file drop (got any favourites for a simple web interface for uploading large files?) so speakers don't struggle with FTP (https://emacsconf.org/2022/organizers-notebook/#upload)
- self-hosted Etherpad so we can easily do one pad per talk and manage it via the API

And eventually also adding our current stuff for easier local dev and the ability to spin things up/down:
- ikiwiki setup (currently have my local one in a docker)
- local icecast for forwarding to the conference one
- conference icecast
- maybe ffmpeg or OBS in the cloud?

I tend to do local stuff in dockers, and I think bandali likes to work with as little virtualization as possible in prod.

For inspiration, here's DebConf's ansible repo: https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-video-team/ansible

Do you happen to have any notes/files from last year that you can share with me, or do you want to help figure these things out for this year?

Sacha