emacsweblogs

Re: [Emacsweblogs] XMLified Characters

From: Mark A. Hershberger
Subject: Re: [Emacsweblogs] XMLified Characters
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 10:51:25 -0500

puneet goel <address@hidden> writes:

> When I use weblogger to edit my blog entry, all the special characters
> in the blog, mainly <,>,&, and " appear XML-escaped like &lt, &gt,
> &amp etc. And since these characters appear a lot in the code snippets
> that I put on my blogs, this becomes a big nuisance.

Since XML-RPC wraps your content with XML, any XML characters
(especially <) has to be escaped.

Complicating this is the fact that (right now) weblogger.el thinks your
content is pure HTML.  Which means that if you're writing content that
contains HTML characters that should be treated as source code, then
you should write them in an escaped fashion.

Wrapping content in CDATA might help here, but it won't solve the
problem completely.

In the end, weblogger.el needs to have some understanding of your
content.  It needs to know if you are intending to write pure HTML or if
you're expecting the server to format the code.

This is definitely worth doing, but I can't do it right now.  Could you
file a bug at https://bugs.launchpad.net/weblogger-el requesting this
feature?

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

because of those who look on and do nothing.
                                            — Albert Einstein