emacsweblogs

[Emacsweblogs] Re: A little flaw in weblogger

From: Mark A. Hershberger
Subject: [Emacsweblogs] Re: A little flaw in weblogger
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:22:48 -0500

(Ccing emacsweblogs)

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> When I fetch a entry, edit it, and publish it.  I got an error of date
> format.  I believe it because I'm a chinese and the data fetched from my
> blog contains a different format other than DD-MM-YYYY, but "2010年03月10日
> 11:11",  Will it be fixed?  Or just ignore the format check?

The fault here is with Emacs or (on older Emacs) xml-rpc.el.

I'm sure you're aware that Emacs does not have good localization (l10n) and
internationalization (i18n) support.  xml-rpc.el uses an Emacs function
to parse the date string.

Currently timezone-parse-date (the function at fault here) understands
the following formats:

 (1) 14 Apr 89 03:20[:12] [GMT]
 (2) Fri, 17 Mar 89 4:01[:33] [GMT]
 (3) Mon Jan 16 16:12[:37] [GMT] 1989
 (4) 6 May 1992 1641-JST (Wednesday)
 (5) 22-AUG-1993 10:59:12.82
 (6) Thu, 11 Apr 16:17:12 91 [MET]
 (7) Mon, 6  Jul 16:47:20 T 1992 [MET]
 (8) 1996-06-24 21:13:12 [GMT]
 (9) 1996-06-24 21:13-ZONE
 (10) 19960624T211312

It looks like it wouldn't be too hard to add support for the format.
But I need better documentation for it.  Do you know the name of the
date format or where the format is described? What software does your
weblog use?  If you don't know, maybe you can give me the URL?

Finally, it may help if you subscribe to the emacsweblogs mailing list
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacsweblogs

Other users are there and discussion like this is something that others
might benefit from.

Thanks,

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

because of those who look on and do nothing.
                                            — Albert Einstein