emacsweblogs

[Emacsweblogs] Re: Weblogger bugs (WordPress, Emacs 22, Linux)

From: Michael Stutz
Subject: [Emacsweblogs] Re: Weblogger bugs (WordPress, Emacs 22, Linux)
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:51:43 -0400

J. David Boyd wrote:

> Michael Stutz <address@hidden> writes:
>

> > First, I'm still encountering the time error that has been reported
> > before (bug #29277): the time shows correctly in Emacs, but when posted
> > to WordPress it appears as four hours earlier.
>

> The fast way I've found to get around this is to remove the - from in
> front of the 0400 time zone value.
>
> I noticed my time was off, so I started playing around, and removing the
> '-' gives me the correct time.

Are you sure it's the correct time? When I take out the dash the posts
are exactly 12 hours behind---so posting at 4pm (16:00) will give the
post a timestamp of 4am earlier that day (04:00). (Posting now at 10am
makes a post at 10pm last night.)

Taking out the -0400 altogether will set the time for 8 hours previous.

The way to set the correct time, at least for me, is to change it to
-0800. But that too has a problem---when I make a post with the time at
-0800 the post is always made at the current time, but it's listed as
"scheduled" for that time and it never appears in the blog. This happens
even if I first change the date to some time in the past!