[emms-help] Compiling on Emacs21, Debian bug #314299

From: Yoni Rabkin Katzenell
Subject: [emms-help] Compiling on Emacs21, Debian bug #314299
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:40:12 +0300

Concerning:

In short:

I've committed changes to emms-stream-info.el and tested the results on
emacs 22 and 21. emms-stream-info should work and compile on both
versions with a small run-time bug on emacs 21 (which will be resolved
in due time).

I've completely removed the dependencies on any external library for
emms-stream-info by implementing a small subset of the url parsing
features needed for getting playlists and such off the net.

Most of the time I fought (and am still fighting) the different
behaviors of emacs 21 vs. 22 with regards to network
processes. Specifically, sentinel processes for network functions in
emacs 21.

        Regards, Yoni Rabkin Katzenell