Re: [emms-help] Lyrics

From: William
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Lyrics
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:48:07 +0800

Jay Belanger <address@hidden> writes:

I've noticed that emms-lyrics has something to help write the lrc
files, but I haven't even looked at that yet.

For that matters, it's very easy. You just open a text file containing
the original lyrics(which is without timestamps), enable
`emms-lyrics-mode', start playing track, at the same time use the
following keys to add timestamps before each line.

,----
| Major mode for creating lyric files.
| key             binding
| ---             -------
|
| i               emms-lyrics-insert-time
| n               emms-lyrics-next-line
| p               emms-lyrics-previous-line
`----

I meant just put the lisp file which will get the lyric files on the
Emacs wiki, not the lyric files themselves.

I see.

What else name would you suggest? :-)

I don't know.  If the lrc files are kept in a single directory, then
there might well be naming conflicts.  I'm just keeping the lrc files
in the same directory as the mp3 files, and everything works out
great.

Yes. It's true there could be conficts. I'm thinking of supporting
multiple naming styles. For instance, for `Blowing in the Wind.mp3',
will look for `Bob Dylan_Blowing in the Wind.lrc', `Blowing in the
Wind.lrc' sequencely.

--
William

Prunes give you a run for your money.