[emms-help] MPD and shuffling playlists

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [emms-help] MPD and shuffling playlists
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 10:31:23 +0200

Hi all,

I've recently switched to mpd / emms-player-mpd, mostly because it's
much faster while reading tags.  (I don't carry my whole music
collection on my laptop, but frequently copy big parts of it from and to
an external HDD.)

While I'm quite satisfied with mpd, I think I've spotted a little bug.
I added several albums to the playlist and shuffled the tracks using
`emms-shuffle'.  After that, the playlist was shuffled, but mpd played
the tracks in the original order and thus emms always showed the wrong
track infos (and submitted wrong informations to last.fm, etc.).

When I noticed it I executed `emms-player-mpd-connect' and the original
order was restored in the emms playlist.

What do I have to do to sync the emms playlist with the mpd playlist
after modifications?  It looks like adding
`emms-player-mpd-sync-from-emms' to some hook...

Bye,
Tassilo
--
      "DRM manages rights in the same way a jail manages freedom"