Re: [emms-help] tag editor and mp3

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [emms-help] tag editor and mp3
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 19:19:06 -0400

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> As above, I wouldn't go for more than an interface to a robust solution
>> that people can install.
>
> So an interface to Tag Editor (assuming it's robust and popular enough)
> would be fine then, right?

I've modified emms-tag-editor.el in the main repo to use mid3v2 so that
Emms can write mp3 tags that aren't just 1.x. This will have the effect
of automatically up-converting any 1.x file that is edited.

mid3v2 seems to be widely available, since it's part of the backend for
software like puddletag.

People: please test this if you can, and tell me what you think of this
change for Emms 5.0.