Re: [emms-help] mpv player alternative with json-ipc

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: [emms-help] mpv player alternative with json-ipc
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 12:23:57 +0500

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 12:03:26 +0500
Mike Kazantsev <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 11:11:41 +0530
> Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Well, did not take long! :p

> > - Seeking forward / backward resets the timer (but the seeking works).

Was due to issuing emms-player-started on every playback-restart, fixed here:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emms.git/commit/?h=mpv-json-ipc&id=e04cbaa1

> > - When I first started playing, I could not hear anything.  I had to
> > pause/unpause so that mpv would start make sounds.

Found that this can also happen if both these are true:

 - Track is an url.
 - It's not the only track in the emms playlist.

Due to the same emms-player-started change, should be fixed by the same
commit as above.
Might fix issue in your case too, if cause is the same.

If still happens, would help greatly if you can post the log or maybe
more details on specific sequence of actions and tracks involved
(so that I can try to reproduce it here).

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net