Re: [emms-help] mpv player alternative with json-ipc

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: [emms-help] mpv player alternative with json-ipc
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 13:18:27 +0500

On Wed, 18 Apr 2018 11:50:25 +0530
Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Mike Kazantsev <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Fixed in last commit by always removing paused state in
> > emms-player-start, which seem to make perfect sense there.
>
> OK, seems to work fine so far.  I'll have a look at code later when I
> have more time.

But was it the issue that I've described in mail before that?

I.e. these two questions:

> This is the issue that you meant, right?
>
> And e.g. test-case proposed in my previous mail doesn't demonstrate the
> issue as there's no pausing involved there?

(see that message for full context for these)

I mean, if it's not, and you didn't pause playback in the first place,
wonder if this pause-reset just masks something else that makes it
paused without your action in the first place.

If so, should be possible to add observe_property for pause, see where
it gets enabled, track it down that way, among other tricks.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net