Re: Auto-forward bug with mpv backend

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: Auto-forward bug with mpv backend
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 23:39:07 +0500

On Fri, 06 Dec 2019 14:56:25 +0100
Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Mike Kazantsev <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Yeah, wanted to try it sometime.
> >
> > Though given amount of various hacks I have here, seems hard to justify
> > any kind of switch :)
>
> What kind of hacks? :)

The usual hundreds of often distro/system/DE-specific scripts, aliases,
wrappers, custom-built packages, configurations, etc.

> You can install Guix on top of your current distribution, it won't
> interfere with anything.

Ah, fair enough, didn't realize that, thanks for the info.

Of course it's technically possible to install any distro on top (esp.
in an nspawn container or such), but looks like guix has that option by
design, and is easier to integrate into existing env, kinda like flatpak.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net