Re: Auto-forward bug with mpv backend

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Auto-forward bug with mpv backend
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2019 20:40:59 +0100

Mike Kazantsev <address@hidden> writes:

> The usual hundreds of often distro/system/DE-specific scripts, aliases,
> wrappers, custom-built packages, configurations, etc.

What I found in my experience is that Guix helped reducing many of the
crufts I had, simply by providing more programmability and
composability, which can be upstreamed and served to all Guix users.

> Ah, fair enough, didn't realize that, thanks for the info.
>
> Of course it's technically possible to install any distro on top (esp.
> in an nspawn container or such), but looks like guix has that option by
> design, and is easier to integrate into existing env, kinda like flatpak.

I don't know about flatpak, but you can install Guix on your regular
/root partition, all it takes are 2 folders (/gnu/store + /var/guix) and
some guixbuilder users.  It remains a first-class piece of software.

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/