Re: emms-info-native and track duration

From: Petteri Hintsanen
Subject: Re: emms-info-native and track duration
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 00:08:56 +0300

Hello,

I pushed a few more commits into info-native branch.  This time, the
primary change is the use of new bindat-type macro, which was introduced
in Emacs version 28.1.  There is also compatibility code for older
Emacsen, so Emacs 28 or later is not required.

The branch has been tested with Emacs versions 29.1 and 27.2.

I'm not planning to add any more functionality into the branch except a
some sort of test runner, perhaps a Makefile.  At the moment one has to
load all tests into Emacs and run them interactively, or write a script
to run tests in a batch.  Both options are suboptimal.

Given the large number of changes in the branch, I'd be grateful if any
would give the branch some testing before we merge it into master.  As
always, let me know of any issues you encounter.

Thanks,
Petteri