Re: emms-info-native and track duration

From: Petteri Hintsanen
Subject: Re: emms-info-native and track duration
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 23:50:49 +0300

Yoni Rabkin <yoni@rabkins.net> writes:

> Works for me on both 29.1 and 28.2.
>
> I only got one error on one machine, and with one MP3 track. But on
> closer inspection of that track it really doesn't start with "ID3".

Thanks for testing.  Did you get sensible playing times?  That's the
main new feature, after all.

I have found out that just checking for zero length tracks in the cache
might reveal problematic cases:

  (maphash (lambda (key bdata)
             (when (eq (alist-get 'type bdata) 'file)
               (let ((name (alist-get 'name bdata))
                     (playtime (or (alist-get 'info-playing-time bdata) 0)))
                 (when (zerop playtime)
                   (message "%s\t%d" name playtime)))))
           emms-cache-db)

For me, most of the zero length tracks are MP3s without an ID3v2 tag, or
some other files than {Ogg, Opus, FLAC, MP3}.  All the others have quite
correct info-playing-time.

thanks,
Petteri