feature toggling question

From: Erica
Subject: feature toggling question
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 13:20:27 -0500

Hello everyone,

I have a behavior change/fix for searches.  Currently I have it coded
so it can be turned on and off. But really, I can't see how anyone would
prefer the current behavior.  This change is almost unnoticeable and very intuitive.

The change causes subsequent searches to search the current search results
rather than starting over with the complete database.  q/Quit returns to the previous search
results until there are none, then it quits to return to the browser window.
The history cache is also reset anytime a search from the full db is done.

The history cache is a list/stack of caches shaped like the emms-cache-db.
It is in a cons with its search-list so they are identifiable and reportable.

The behavior is very intuitive and nice and allows exploration of the music database that
is currently impossible with emms.

My question is, do I need to be able to turn this feature off?

The only reason I can think of is performance, but I haven't noticed any problems on my
13 yo macbook pro running Arch linux.

Thank you,
Have a nice day.

 Erica