Re: A formatting question.

From: Mike Kazantsev
Subject: Re: A formatting question.
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 05:16:36 +0500

On Tue, 9 Jan 2024 08:53:19 -0500
Erica <e.a.gebhart@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created info-title formats to use for my tracks.  But that seems like
> the wrong way to do it.
>
> (setq emms-browser-info-title-format "%i%-30t %-8g %y %a")
> (setq emms-browser-playlist-info-title-format "%i%-30t %-8g %o : %a %y")
>
> Maybe this is the correct way to do this.  It is not clear in the manual.
> How do other people change the format of the track so that the information
> can be seen ?

Also not sure if it's a correct way, but I'm using
emms-track-description-function var to do that, creating a customized
string for playlist tracks there (mostly derived from filesystem path).

I think it gives more flexibility than format values above,
and shouldn't depend on e.g. order of metadata values passed to those,
so maybe a better option, but at the cost of more custom code, I guess.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net