epsilon-devel

Re: fix a 'make dist' bug

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Re: fix a 'make dist' bug
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 20:43:05 +0100

On 2021-02-23 at 13:40 +0100, Bruno Haible wrote:

> It's good to see that you agree [about jitter-config.h not being to
> distribute].
>
> But the problem still exists in jitter's master HEAD.
>
> It's a show-stopper.

I am confused. Let me check on my own examples using sub-package mode.

From a Jitter *source* directory:

  cd example-build-systems
  ./bootstrap
  cd structured-with-library
  mkdir _scratch
  cd _scratch
  ../configure && make dist
  tar tf *tar.gz | grep jitter-config

Is there a jitter-config.h being distributed here in the tarball of a
package using Jitter in sub-package mode?

structured-with-library-1.0/jitter/jitter/jitter-config.h
structured-with-library-1.0/jitter/jitter/jitter-config.h.in
structured-with-library-1.0/jitter/bin/jitter-config.1
structured-with-library-1.0/jitter/bin/jitter-config.in.m4sh
structured-with-library-1.0/jitter/bin/jitter-config.in

Yes, there is.  You are right!  Fixing it.  For some reason I thought
this was a problem in poke.

Fixed now.  distcheck still passes both in Jitter itself and in the
example, so nothing new should be broken.

--
Luca Saiu
* My personal web site:  http://ageinghacker.net

I support everyone's freedom of mocking any opinion or belief, no
matter how deeply held, with open disrespect and the same unrelented
enthusiasm of a toddler who has just learned the word "poo".