epsilon-devel

Re: GNU poke 2.90.0 on NetBSD/x86_64

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: GNU poke 2.90.0 on NetBSD/x86_64
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 16:13:32 +0100

[Adding epsilon-devel@ to CC]

> On NetBSD 9.0/x86_64, the compilation works fine, however all tests fail.
> Find attached the log. There are many error messages
>
>   FATAL ERROR: could not make (wider) block for heap
>
> When I do "gmake install" and run the installed poke,
>   - "poke --help" and "poke --version" work fine,
>   - but "poke" produces the error
>       FATAL ERROR: could not make (wider) block for heap

That seems to be caused by this in jitter/jitter-heap.c:

  /* If I arrived here then the natural alignment is not enough to satisfy our
     block alignment constraint.  We have to allocate a larger buffer. */
  size_t allocated_size = block_size * 2 - natural_alignment;
  char *unaligned_p;
  if ((unaligned_p = d->make (allocated_size)) == NULL)
    jitter_fatal ("could not make (wider) block for heap");

Luca, any idea what may be going on here?  I guess
jitter_heap_primitive_allocate_function is the NetBSD malloc?