erw-devel

[Erw-devel] Safari!

From: erw-devel
Subject: [Erw-devel] Safari!
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 14:28:35 +0100

In the last weeks I've been working on a componentised redesign of ERW.
I want to rewrite *everything* from scratch, using as much pre-build
technology as possible, to get a more stable and flexible system. I'm
also searching for a good substitute for PHP and any suggestion would be
welcome (I was thinking about a good Java-based framework, e.g.,
Tapestry, but any suggestion is welcome).

In the process of doing so, I worked at a generic framework to perform
easily calls to the server (the thing that happen when you browse
database elements). BTW, if anyone is interested in that for his/her own
web stuff, let me know.

The point, however, is that developing the framework I discovered which
was the *actual* problem with Konqueror/Safari, and a 1-line change
apparently makes it work flawlessly.

I am including a pre-release of 1.0.4 (which also has a couple of
fixes). Anybody testing with Konqueror/Safari would be more than
welcome!

You can find a release candidate for 1.0.4 at

http://erw.dsi.unimi.it/ERW-1.0.4-rc1.tar.gz

Ciao,

                                        seba