esp-action-alert

[Esp-action-alert] swpat.org: Harm to standards, HTML5 info sought

From: Ciaran O'Riordan ESP
Subject: [Esp-action-alert] swpat.org: Harm to standards, HTML5 info sought
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:31:20 +0100

Dear ESP supporter,

With the collapse of the HTML5 <video> negotiations, I think it's time to
document the harm that patents cause to standards.

I've started collecting overviews here:
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Harm_to_standards

And I've docmented a few of the big examples here:
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/HTML5_and_video_patents
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/JPEG_2000
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/GIF
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/TLS-authz
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/OOXML

There are surely loads more great examples, but I'll need some help from you
in getting started or filling in the details on each.  Edits to the wiki are
particulary sought for this topic right now, or you can send me suggestions
or links.

Thanks.
Contact details: http://endsoftwarepatents.org/contacts
--