fab-user

[Fab-user] Fabric 0.0.1 Released!

From: Christian Vest Hansen
Subject: [Fab-user] Fabric 0.0.1 Released!
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 23:14:44 +0100

Excellent news! After little more than two weeks of work, Fabric
version 0.0.1 has been released.

Fabric had most of its core functionality in place after just three
days. Then came a period of polishing and bug squashing, and finally a
lot of work on the help system and the distribution tool-chain these
past four days.

I'll be celebrating this first release by transitioning Fabric from
Pre-Alpha to Alpha. Also, I'de like to state my intend on release the
cycles; that if anything at all has happened on Fabric since last
release, then push a new version out the door every two weeks. The big
idea is, that if I can just maintain this rythm, then the project is
bound to move forward and not die out, regardless of how fast or slow
the work progresses.

Lastly, I'de like to make clear what version-numbering scheme I intend to use:
Before 1.0:
* 0.0.1 = First release
* 0.-.X = Backwards compatible update
* 0.X.0 = Backwards incompatible update
After 1.0:
* -.-.X = Update without interface changes
* -.X.0 = Update with backwards compatible interface additions
* X.0.0 = Backwards incompatible update

And that's it for now. See you in two weeks, if not sooner.

Kind regards,
Christian Vest Hansen.