fab-user

[Fab-user] Fabric 0.0.6

From: Christian Vest Hansen
Subject: [Fab-user] Fabric 0.0.6
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 22:59:11 +0200

Fabric 0.0.6 has been released.

It's a pretty small release and most of the changes in the git log are
related to the website, which has gotten some new material in the
tutorial, some layout fixing for Firefox, plus some standards
compliance issues have been fixed.

For Fabric itself, here's what's changed:
 + Nummerous small spelling mistakes has been corrected.
 + Python 2.4 compatibility issue with str.partition has been fixed.
 + Support for password-less sudo.
 + Support for key-based authentication has been improved.
 + New getAny() operation that lets you specify a list of variable
names and get the first value that exist.

Also, I got an AUTHORS file now, and credit goes to Jeff Forcier for
some spelling and PEP-8 corrections.

Oh! One more thing: I've taken some steps to (hopefully) improve the
installation process with easy_install - it'd be real nice if someone
could try out both the upgrade procedure and a clean install to see if
it all works now.

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards,
Christian Vest Hansen.