fab-user

Fwd: [Fab-user] Question on "roles" and depend vs invoke.

From: Nicolas Steinmetz
Subject: Fwd: [Fab-user] Question on "roles" and depend vs invoke.
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:05:40 +0100

2008/11/17 Christian Vest Hansen <address@hidden>

The prepare_db and prepare_web each run with different roles. In this
example you have here, which of these roles do you suppose the `run`
operation should execute with?

Roles apply to the individual command that they are attached to, and
do not linger on or have side-effects on other commands.

Ok I see the point.

I cannot speak for the other developers, but I don't test Fabric on
Python 2.4 (and have stated as much on the web site), so currently the
Fabric + Python 2.4 makes for a bumpier ride.

But I will gladly accept patches, if someone were to show Fabric a
little Python 2.4 love. :)

Yes I saw this mention but tried anywayd and was nicely surprised with 0.0.9 working on Python 2.4.

Importing functools.py from Python 2.5 works more or less as it now requres _functools (_functoolsmodule.c) which looks to be a c module. Do not know yet how I can make it compliant with my 2.4 installation. If somebody has clues...

Nicolas