fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Re: Specify what directory should be rsynced

From: Paul Baumgart
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Re: Specify what directory should be rsynced
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 17:52:47 -0700

So, here's my attempt:
http://github.com/paulbaumgart/fabric/blob/0b1599e457076bcba31d5a400e1227a4cf93522e/fabric.py#L670

My reasoning behind dividing it up into two functions, rsync() and
rsync_project() was threefold:
-Having a default value for the localpath parameter would mean it
would either have to come after the remotepath (unintuitive), or force
users to use only kwargs when not specifying a localpath (klunky).
-It maintains the nice symmetry with upload_project().
-It's backwards compatible.

Thoughts? :-)

Paul